Monday, March 13, 2006

Interactive Sex In Games


Lapis is a "game" created by Heather Kelly of UBISoft. It was only created as an experiment not as an actual game, but she's apparently created quite a bit or interest. Now I read the article and really tried to keep an open mind regarding the fuzzy bunny and teapots, but I really can't wrap my head around it.

How does tickling a bunny rabbit, and the more you excite it the higher it flies, symbolize sex in my world. I would much rather play games like Fear Effect 2 than rub bunny rabbits on my TV screen. I want raunch not fluff, but then I'm just gross like that. I don't know any woman that would actually enjoy playing any kind of sexual video game other than myself. Though I'm not idiotic enough to believe that I'm the only nasty girl out there. There are loads more... I just don't know any.

The whole metaphor of sexual pleasure for magical freedom is completely lost on me. I guess I'm just not that creative. I mean what's wrong with being overtly sexual? You can surely bet that If I could create a sex game it wouldn't involve teapots, bunny rabbits or bananas.... Strike that. We like bananas... And cucumbers. I could make a salad game. lmao!

No comments: