Wednesday, February 7, 2007

The Kucklehead Knuckle Meathod

This is really sad. Yesterday we did some municipal bond accumulated interest questions. Their a pain in the ass, but the most difficult part for me comes not in remembering the formula, no...I can't  remember how many days are in each month.

This should be something that is ingrained into your long term memory since kindergarten, but it never stuck. The teacher told the class to see her after class or during a break if we need help there because she could show us the "Knuckle Method" to remember. Said it was so easy that it would only take seconds to learn and we'd never forget.

I was too humiliated to ask. I've tried everything to remember. I've written it down several times and keep the list handy when I need it, but nothing sticks. I just ran into another question on my exam that requires this precious knowledge. I HATE IT!!! So, I googled the knuckle Method. There is NO WAY I could ever forget this now.

I'm so HUMILIATED.  hahahaha

MacGyver Tip: Use your knuckles to remember each month's days

knuckles.png

The web site Innovations and Insights TipNut offers this clever way to remember which months have 31 days and which have 30:

Count the months on your knuckles and the groovesbetween your knuckles. Leave out your thumb knuckle. Every month thatlands on a knuckle is 31 days, every month that lands on a groovebetween knuckles is 30 days (or 28 for February).

You know what? It's silly, but it works. Finally, a more peaceful use for knuckles.


Blogged with Flock

No comments: