Thursday, May 3, 2007

Illegal Schmegal

This is in response to DILLIGAF REX's Blog (it was a great post by the way!) I was leaving a reply, but as usual it got too long so I decided to leave it on a new post for all to read. :) Like anyone reads my crap other that Phorexia. hahaha! Rexi, don't be upset okay. This is not an attack directed at you it's an attack on the sentiment...I suppose. BUT DON'T HATE ME! :) XOXO~ Maha

Here's my post:

It's much more complicated than just being illegal. (and by the way, I guarantee you most of the people marching aren't illegal. People marching are doing so for their friends and family who might be.) It's a difficult thing to really take a stance on, for me that is, as I'm in my own unique situation as most of my friends know. Although I agree that crossing over illegally is wrong there are always reasons and explanations. Starvation being one of them...Poverty being another. It's not our fault that other people's countries are unstable and absolutely useless, but it's also not the people's fault. They're marching because it's better than bombing and terrorizing countries just to have a voice. We have HUMAN RIGHTS in this country and that's what makes it so great.


So if people, illegal or otherwise, want to march they do have a right to do so. Much like rapists and murderers have a right to a fair trial. Human rights...very important concept. One which I myself have become very fond of. You have to remember that the food you eat is usually picked by illegal aliens, or immigrants with no education. Everything from the cow's we devour to the corn we boil is picked by people being payed meager wages which for the most part is being sent back to Mexico to feed their mother's, fathers, wives or children.


Does no one stop to actually think about these things? This country was built on the backs of ILLEGAL immigrants and now we want to keep people out. Guess what, it doesn't work that way. You don't get to eat the food you eat at the prices you pay and still get to say "Hey, you piece of shit criminal illegal person. Get the fuck out of my country. Yeah, that's right I said it. You're a criminal and should be treated just like one." Good one...compare hungry and hard working people to murderers and rapists. I love it. Don't get me wrong Rex, I agree that there's a HUGE problem and allowing people to continue crossing over illegally and getting away with it is one of the biggest hurdles we have to overcome, this I understand. But to state that a human being doesn't have the basic right to be heard in a community because they're in an "illegal status" or otherwise is wrong.


And lastly...You can be illegal and an immigrant. It's a description of your current status. You are trying to immigrate to the U.S. but you did it illegally. It's wrong yes, and you know what, there should be repercussions but the point these people are trying to make is that there has to be a better way of dealing with these issues than splitting mothers apart from their children only to leave them orphaned here in this country alone because they had the misfortune to be born here. Or to deport fathers from their family's only to leave the women to fend for themselves or end up on welfare so they can feed their kids on food stamps. Yes, there are pieces of shit that abuse our system (not just illegals by the way) and waste our hard earned money, but I'd rather pay those ignorant bastards than let ONE CHILD go hungry. Ultimately that's what this is about.


Rex my love, I'm personally inviting you to come with me one day to Mexico so I can show you the luxury people live in at the border...just at the border let alone further into Mexico. You take a wander around over there and you'll see that even Mexico is better than some of the other countries people immigrate from. At least the 2 year old kids in Mexico can hold boxes of Chiclets (gum) and sell them for .10 each to the privileged legal citizens crossing the border while their father is on the other side picking vegetables or STEALING precious landscaping jobs away from the LEGAL citizens. It's certainly not because LEGAL citizens are to lazy to do anything for a meager wage...they have rights don't you know. Anyway, this isn't about Mexico and you didn't make it about it either. I did and that's my fault, but it gets to me because I know that there are so many other people out there that believe exactly what you believe it, but take it to the extreme and it's those people that I have a problem with not you, what you said or what you believe in. You have a perfect right to feel the way that you do and it's great that you voice your opinion like an adult.


The only thing that I want my friends to remember is that there are always two sides to the story. Beggars always have reasons for being in the situation that they're in and it's not "because that's the life they chose" because no one CHOOSES to be homeless, poor or hungry. If you have change in your pocket and you can spare it do you not feel even the least bit guilty if you deny them? It's called humanity and we should extend our compassion to everyone around us even the poor bastards on death row because we are NOT infallible. Sometimes, bad things happen to good people and sometimes...it's our own fault.

No comments: