Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Teh Heckiloper Takes Me Back

I have so many little silly stories to tell. Right now I'm going through some very tough times and even though I feel like breaking down ever so often I keep in mind that things will never stay the same.

Just like the day I took this picture. You may be able to capture certain moments in time forever freezing objects in all their glory, but the world around us keeps on moving. It keeps on growing no matter how hard we try to stop it.

For now I will leave you with this. Years ago my ex-husband and I were driving home. The traffic was so idiotic that it made me a little irate. Traffic always does that to me. This day it made me a little antsy, but luckily I had plenty of energy so that when I saw the helicopter looming overhead I did the only thing any sane person facing being stuck in traffic for an additional 1.5 hrs would do. I licked the fucking window screaming "HECKILOPER" at the top of my voice and rocked back and forth.

My ex-husband nearly died of laughter that day. Sometimes I can be a little silly...this time it was something else altogether. I don't even know what to call it, but I still remember this day fondly and every once in a while those who know me well will break out with the Heckiloper cry and make us all laugh...

I think that's what I need right now more than anything. I just need to laugh.

No comments: