Monday, November 7, 2011

Make Way Hole #9! A Flickr Update Is A Loomin'.

So last night I made a lot of fun updates to my blog. I have more plans for it…them…they…whatever. I have too many and many more that I want to add. Okay, maybe just one or two more. I’ve been having a ton of fun adding my crafted items to facebook, but I’m getting harassed daily for this or that and it’s getting on my nerves.

There was supposed to be a point to this post. Right. My last flickr upload. I think it was sometime last year. I’ve been meaning to upload pics but never seem to find the time. Or make the time…or I make the time, but the upload tool is inadequate and simply can’t handle the amount of pics I want to upload. This being the case there are a ton of pics on my desktop that haven’t been uploaded and a shit ton more on my laptop. I’ve been lax in organizing my pics as well and I haven’t created any backups of anything at all. I’m wondering what it’s going to take to get me to wise up a bit. It wasn’t that long ago that I lost a computer and all the information in it. I lost honeymoon pics, wedding pics…I lost so much. It was so sad. BUT, and I’ve repeated this a few times on other sites, Slide.com is cancelling service around Jan of next year!

How do I know this? I was feeling nostalgic and decided to check out my wedding pictures. These were my private collection of pictures taken on our own on our very special day. Pictures I had downloaded to Slide just for the fuck of it that were lost forever. The tiny size of the pics on slide wouldn’t allow me to download and print them. They would have been too grainy. Well, I don’t know how, but I’m finally able to see the uncompressed version of the picture and I downloaded all my honeymoon pics. Granted I have to click on each individual picture and on a laptop it’s not that simple, but I managed to get a good rhythm going and now it’s done. I just need to get those wedding pics off Slide and I’ll be set. I might check to see if any of the other sets are available on flickr, but if not…I dunno.

Once all those pics are downloaded I’ll begin my massive flickr upload and file back up. It’s long overdue and I’m actually looking forward to getting reorganized. Christmas is looming around the corner and I’m thinking a new laptop for Rigid and a new digital camera for meh. It’ll be good to see something other than this silly golf picture on my flickr stream.

No comments: