Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Silent Hill The Movie

Yes, a movie. A MOVIE!!! I don't know why I hadn't heard of it before or why no one mentioned it to me either, but Silent Hill is coming to a theater near you this April. I'm so excited I'm about to pee my pants. There I was getting ready to stand in line to watch The Pink Panther...what? Stop looking at me like that we got free tickets to see it... Anyhoo, there I was bored and getting ready to watch the stupidest movie of all time (and I love Steve Martin) when I spotted the words Silent Hill out of the corner of my eye. The shudder and spasm that coursed through me as I gasped in glee was…yes, all too dramatic, but HEY It's fucking Silent Hill.....THE MOVIE. I'm so excited.

The best part about it is that it’s coming out in April. That’s my birthday month in case anyone was wondering. And for my birthday I want loads of stuff. I’ll be putting up a list of my demands later. Guess what’s on the top of my list. Silent Hill Movie, hello! I guess by now you might be wondering why I’m so giddy at the though of watching this movie. Well, as far as I can tell it’s going to follow the original story behind the game fairly closely. I mean even the cop with the super tight pants is in it, even the alternate dimension thing, the sirens, the ash, the little girl and the nurses with the funny little hats!!!!

I think you’d better check out the Silent Hill Trailer (if it doesn't go directly there go to Media then Trailer to check it out!) to get an idea of what I’m talking about. Sean Bean the guy that played Boromir in the Lord of the Rings is the main character named Christopher. Ah, I remember many a time when I ran around smashing into monsters in alley ways as my friends yelled around me, “Lipovitan! Lipovitan!!! Grab the Lipovitan your dying!!!!!” Why Lipovitan? The ampoules in the game look like the tinsy little bottles we use as energy drinks in Mexico. I’m sure they’re used all over the world. One day when we were all particularly freaked out, partly cause I was so busy screaming around every corner and partly because I was so badly mangled after the last fight I’d had someone screamed out, “Grab it…grab the …the thingy, oh my gawd he’s gonna get you! Run RUN the …ampoule…” and I said, “ampoule, que es ampoule???” “it’s in the corner! The corner, grab the Lipovitan in the corner!!!!!” It went something like that. And Lipovitan I understood. Lipovitan means energy and energy means life. Ah Lipovitan I have many happy memories hunting those little life sustaining bottles throughout that game.

I don’t know who Laruie Holden is. She plays Cybil. Radha Mitchell plays Rose and she looks like her too (I think. I can barely remember), but the character that I can remember the most is Dhalia who is played by Deborah Kara Unger. I don’t particularty like the image they have of her up on the website so who knows what the character is going to be like in the film but for some reason Dhalia made a real impression on me during the game. Don’t ask me why because I can’t remember anymore. All I know is that the old bitch creeped me the hell out!

Well, I could talk about this game all day, but it’s time to go home. It was raining most of the moring and the clouds are now shining… I’m really glad cause I wasn’t looking forward to going through the dark parking lot to get to my car after watching the trailer. It’s creepy down there…like an alternate dimension from Silent Hill…dark, dank and dirty. The rain would have just made it a very eerie day at this point. *shivers Ai!!! No me asustes!!!! (don’t scare me!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

testing some code