Friday, November 10, 2006

Our Anniversary Is Fast Approaching

The excitement is beginning to take hold of us. We're really starting to put some thought into the gifts we want to buy. I made him tell me what type of gift he'd be interested in. I should have known he would say any type of military book. Don't get me wrong, I thought of it, but...I don't think so.

Your first wedding anniversary is supposed to be sweet and romantic. I don't want to have high expectations, but I want to be romanced. We're hoping to go to the Napa Valley instead of Las Vegas. We did Vegas for the Anniversary because we didn't have much money, not to mention the fact that we really couldn't fly anywhere seeing as Rigid is "undocumented", and because he'd always wanted to go. It was perfect and we had the very best time...Our anniversary is a whole other issue though. I don't feel like hearing slot machines everywhere I go. I don't want to close my eyes and go to bed with that sound still buzzing around in my head. I want to relax, drink wine... eat great food and celebrate the upcoming holiday like a proper couple.

Luckily Rigid had the very same thing in mind and when I mentioned the Napa Valley he agreed. Really it was his idea initially about 6 months ago. He was already making up anniversary suggestions. I thought he was crazy considering we were COMPLETELY broke, but there you go, you just never know do you?

We've figured out where we want to go, but now we also have to figure out what to give one another. That's going to be a bit difficult since I keep thinking of presents that I would actually like...At least that's what I keep telling myself. What then to do? I've had so many things in mind all of which I'd have to order off the Internet, but I think I'm just going to do my own thing. I'll have to make a stop or two after work, but I'll be able to do it and he'll never know. I think I now know exactly what I'm going to do. I just hope I can find it and I just hope he understands the significance of it. It's a simple thing, but something that has a lot of meaning for me and for my decision to stay with him. This one little thing...every time I looked at it while I was at my worst, it always brought me back to him and reminded me of why I stayed in the first place. It reminded me and reminds me still of why I've hung in so much through this seemingly disastrous year. I hope I can find it...

No comments: