Sunday, August 29, 2010

the horrible laptop


the horrible laptop
Originally uploaded by Maharet Raider
Well it's about fucking time. My laptop is finally up and running. I feel like a human being again. Now for the best and fastest way to post a blog...So far, I'm not exactly happy with sending a pic from Flickr and then opening up my Blog dashboard to edit. Too time consuming, but right now it's my best option.

So, the story behind this horrible laptop. I bought it last Christmas as a treat to myself. I've wanted a laptop for as long as I can remember, but I refuse to pay $1000 for one. Unless I get an Alienware there is no way I'm spending that kind of money and unless I know what I'm doing on one I'm not getting an Alienware. For what? So that I end up with some horrible virus and end up without my laptop for months on end? No thank you.

Well, Rigid had been talking about joining the National Guard and I wasn't on his bandwagon yet. All I could think about was my shiny new laptop. It wasn't long before he got serious though and I had to step in to help him. It also wasn't long before this laptop took a complete shit on me. I started having issues with it immediately. That happens sometimes when the drivers need updates or are no good. I had those problems resolved. It was a pain in the ass, but I did it.

About three months after I bought it the damn thing died. Because I was so busy with Rigid's progress on signing his life away, and mine mind you, to the Army I just didn't have the time to give this piece of crap a second thought. I didn't have time to give anything a second thought. It's amazing how little you care about anything else that's going on when your husband is about to embark on a journey that could inevitably take him away from you for ever. Yes, funny that. Call me selfish, but I wanted to spend every minute of every day with him when I realized he was fucking serious. I nearly shit myself when I lifted the veil from my idiot eyes. My husband was serious. He had few options at this point. Not because he is incapable of keeping a job or holding one down, but because the things he wanted were at this point too far out of reach and he's in a hurry.

Time flew by so quickly. When he signed on the dotted line the days flew by. Tick, tick, tick, tick. That's all I could hear buzzing between my ears. My brain was on fire. Try explaining that to someone. Try helping someone really understand that you've never been alone and you're terrified. You who people come to for help with just about everything. You who almost always have all the answers. Well, for everyone else but yourself. It's so strange. I'm really not the person I once was. I used to be so confident and could care less if anyone thought I was wrong. I was right for me and that's all that mattered. Now, especially with Rigid being gone, I'm a mess. I can't make any decisions on my own without him. I can't even go shopping on my own or spend money other than on bills and groceries. I mean, lord!, I haven't even gotten into the vacuum cleaner incident...Oh but I will, I will my friends.

So, eventually after I successfully managed to yank my head out of my ass I took my laptop to Best Buy and left it in the Geeks hands. I didn't think about it again because two weeks later I was flying to Georgia to see Rigid for the first time in 4 months. GOD I fucking missed him. It's awful because all everyone would say to me was, "You guys are gonna fuck like rabbits." No seriously, people would actually say shit like that to me.  I always rolled my eyes and told them to fuck off. I mean seriously, people are so gross. Like I was going to actually spend my entire time in Columbus, Georgia fucking like a mad rabbit. Me...a fuck bunny. That's just hysterical.

Okay, so...someone hand me a carrot. I stood corrected or rather lay corrected....a lot. Thank God I took the lube. Holy.

Coming back home wasn't fun. Finding myself alone again was hard. I kept feeling him next to me in the middle of the night and missing him just as bad as when he first left. Eventually things slowly got back to normal and a thought finally occurred to me. I laptop HAS to be ready. I was supposed to pick it up before I left. Well, turns out it's been done since 8/2...go fig. I got it back, but there were a few issues.

First, they forgot to give me my battery. Kind of a problem I'd say. Then I realized I only had one recovery disc. Don't know where mine went. Luckily the Geeks gave me a number to call and I got that all ordered. Fucking racket that they have. The manufacturers I mean.

Yesterday I got a ton of stuff in the mail. Letters from Rigid, a wand order payment, a birthday card from Mummy for Rigid and the recovery disc set.

There you have it. I reset my laptop no problem. Took half the night, but it was fairly easy. Tons of updates to wait for, but it was an easy feat. Much easier than I had anticipated. Now that my laptop is all configured and ready to fly I just have to figure out what I want to do with it. I'm leaning towards blogging mostly. That was my problem when I first bought it. I didn't know what I wanted to do for some reason. Now I do, but I think it's going to be time for a new blog soon.

It may be time to put away the Misventures since I never did like that name anyway. It was supposed to be the Misadventures, but it was taken. God damn it I'm a moron.

No comments: