Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The War Is Over? Unlikely.

In response to a blog post on Spouse Buzz (http://www.spousebuzz.com/blog/2010/08/pssssst-.html#comments):

"I knew it. Yesterday when I heard the news that Operation Iraqi Freedom was over I gripped my wheel even tighter. I know my husband wants to go back and he’s looking for any excuse. All Operation New Dawn means to me is my husband will likely be leaving sooner than I expected.

It makes me sick to my stomach that the rest of the world would begin to rest easy with the news that the Iraqi war is over. We know full well that our men and women will continue to have a significant presence in that part of the world. We also know full well that the rest of the world won’t really care and would prefer to believe that all is well. That’s a scary thought, but I’m hoping that people like yourselves won’t allow the rest of the nation to turn a blind eye to the reality that our troops are facing. It’s not over until they’re all home and that’s not going to happen any time soon.

I agree with Renee. I would love to see Iraq or Afghanistan become a place where people from all over the world could travel to and not have the constant threat of being blown to smithereens be a reality. I just don't think that'll happen in our lifetimes. In other words we're in it for the long haul boys and girls. It's far from over." ~ Maha's Comment On Spouse Buzz

So...I thought that picture was appropriate in this case. :)

No comments: