Wednesday, August 8, 2007

XBrood Live: My Valentine and a Little History

XBrood Live: My Valentine and a Little History

Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Posted by Maharet at 10:38 AM

My Valentine and a Little History


My eyeballs hurt and I’m sleepy. So so very sleepy. My husband has been doing sweet little things all weekend long for me in preparation for St. Valentines Day. I don’t think we’ve eaten a meal at home since Friday and I’ve been playing my new little game since he bought that for me as well. He’s never really done so much for anyone on Valentine’s Day and he really wanted to do something special for me to make up for last year. I didn’t even get a card. *pout*

Yesterday when I got home we hugged and kissed me as usual then sat me down to read my card and open my little heart shaped box of chocolates. I felt special…I got two boxes. After that he got showered and readied himself to take me out to a nice restaurant. Of course we had no reservations so I knew we were in for it at that point. Still, way we determinedly made our way towards Le Chef. That’s a local French restaurant by our favorite movie theater. We got there and noticed every single table had a reserved sign on it. He spoke to the waitress and they showed us to our seat. Luckily they let us in.

We saw the head chef/owner of the restaurant and he asked us how we were and if we finally got married. We let him know everything was great and the wedding was wonderful. He congratulated us and asked us to enjoy our evening while he continued cooking behind the counter. Everything was perfect. The drinks were perfect, the salad was perfect, the appetizers were perfect, dinner was perfect, the dessert was perfect, even the conversation was perfect. Well, if you count an Englishman saying “fucking cunt “ every few minutes as he was telling you this absolutely hilarious story of the time he drank 30 cans of Lager and 5 cans of Stout…. Well, something like that.

We were finally ready to go and the chef bid us a Happy Valentine’s Day and thanked us for coming. I think we stopped at a store for a minute, but then went straight home. It was still early, but we were tired and full so we lay in bed together for a bit. After a while I suggested we chill a bottle of Chardon to drink with our chocolate. No it wasn’t Moet, but it would have been just as nice. We grabbed the bottle, threw it in the freezer and walked down the hall. I then suggested it would be a great idea to dance to our wedding music and how romantic that would be. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, that’s the sound of brakes, the sound of fly’s in your chardonnay, the sound of a plane crashing down, rain on your wedding day and a freaking traffic jam when your already late all rolled into one. (Please note the ode to Alanis Morrisette and if you don’t get the sarcasm I don’t know what to do for you.)

His, “I’m tired and I don’t want to dance cause I worked all day.” Was ever more exacerbated by the fact that I then decided to act like a 13 year old child, fling myself at my bed and hide under the covers. Unfortunately he didn’t understand my sense of humor as we’ve only been together for 3 FUCKING YEARS and didn’t realize that the only thing he then needed to do was be silly with me. All of that was even further exacerbated by the fact that he then decided to act like a 9-year-old child and play Tenchu while I continued to lay under the covers. After much name-calling he got off the video game and paid me some attention, but it was too late. It was obvious that I wasn’t going to give in and he wasn’t going to get anywhere so he threw a tantrum, took the champagne out of the freezer and continued to call me a child. Yes…. it was wonderful. We continued on this way for the better part of an hour and I eventually started crying uncontrollably. He tried to make me feel better by telling me that if he knew the dancing was that important to me he would have done it…. No doubt.

I just couldn’t stop crying though. I was crying so hard that I eventually forgot why I was crying and started crying about something else when I suddenly realized I wasn’t upset anymore. I wasn’t ever upset really and had no clue what happened or why. And then it happened. He began telling me a story in which he called his mom a crazy snake lady and I laughed so hard I nearly split my sides and then I was all better. He eventually tucked me into bed and cuddled with me. He even read some of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (again) to me until I fell asleep. I don’t think he’d gotten past the first two pages before I knocked the hell out. As I rolled over I realized the lights were off and he was putting the book away. I groggily muttered/whined that he’d hardly read a thing to me and he said he read 7 pages. As I fell into another hazy sleep I thought of my character in Morrowind and wondered what guild I would start working on next…The Mages Guild or The Fighters Guld cause I’m in both and I zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. *snore*

Mood swing anyone? Anyhow if your interested check out the History of Valenties Day courtesy of The History Channel and go play this special Valentines Day Game. If you beat my time of 1:51:38 I’ll put your name in this months drawing!

No comments: