Monday, August 4, 2008

What's Your Favorite Activity? Bicycling is Mine

oh man, i used to love riding. it was so much fun!



my very first mountain bike ride would have been viewed as a complete disaster by some, but after having braved some huge boulders at about 15-20 miles per hour i think i earned my stripes. see i hit a curve next to a riverbank, flew over the handlebars superman style bike landing all willy nilly on top of me, my feet got all tied up in the spokes but i just tossed it off, rolled right on over and gave concerned passersby the thumbs up to let them know i was okay. during all of this my then husband flew off the embankment when he saw me take a dive. he nearly killed himself watching me go down.



it was scary, but oh so cool. after i saw to a few oozing cuts and scrapes i rode all the way back down with no brakes. didn't know it at the time, but it didn't matter as i live to tell about it. there were many times that i wondered why the hell i did those things after nearly killing myself several times, but each time i went up it was just so wonderful.



don't have anyone to ride with anymore and my rockhopper is just gathering dust...yeah, a rockhopper. that's how long it's been. lol!

Mobile post sent by Maharet using Utterzreply-count Replies.

No comments: